12.04.2008

The Human Experience

On Tuesday night, I had the fortunate experience to watch "The Human
Experience". A movie about two brothers and their friends, who live in a "half-way" house in Brooklyn... and who travel the world in search of the meaning of life. It was one of the most moving films I have ever seen. It brilliantly answered the fundamental questions of human existence: who am I, how did I get here, why am I here, what is the meaning of life, is there anything after this life? These questions are not answered in the expected "documentary" manner; but rather are answered through the movie which evokes a simple experience common to us all - the experience of human life. This film took an in-depth look at our humanity and the human spirit, through the lens of hope and what was produced was a not only an amazingly influential film but also a wake-up call. A call to realize the sanctity of every life... because each life is an irreplaceable and unrepeatable occurence.
I highly recommend seeing this movie. It is only showing in select theatres right now, but they are hoping for wider distribution. For more informtion, check out their website here.

No comments: